Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hey, Folks! Help Dokes!


Hi, everyone. Here's something I never want to report, but I need to: a newly disabled pet.

On Sunday, May 24, the L.A. apartment of Jessica Amen and Kyle Kushner was devastated by an enormous fire that started by accident near their stove. They lost nearly everything they owned and loved, including their wonderful cat, Riggs.

Little burned Dokes lost his house and his best friend.

Their second cat, Dokes, was initially believed to have also perished in the flames, but was found later in the neighborhood. Though they were relieved that their dear Dokes was still alive, Jessica and Kyle realized he had suffered serious burn injuries. A community-based effort is now underway to support his care and rehabilitation.

Please check out his FaceBook page to learn what you can do, and to keep track of his progress. We're pulling for you, little Dokes!

3 comments:

Rachelle T. said...

Aw, bless his heart. He will most definitely be in my prayers! Thank you for letting everyone know about his situation.

The kitties over at Our family cat-a-blog said...

Please tell this little guy's parents that purr-ayers will be said and a candle lit for recovery.

You might want to suggest that his plight be brought to the attention of the Cat Blogosphere. They may be willing to have a fund raiser for him.

The OP Pack said...

Poor little Dokes. We hope he is able to recover from his injuries. So sorry for the loss of Riggs - that is so sad.

Tail wags, the OP Pack