Thursday, July 16, 2009

Puck Needs Help.

Okay, I already posted today, but this is something that can't wait, so I'm adding it now:

Kayla and Puck

I'm posting about a cat named Puck, who I learned about on Twitter. I'm telling you right now, I don't know this cat, I don't know Kayla, his mom, and I can't even vouch for the veracity of the story. All I can tell you is that I read the blog post at the end of this link and I thought, "There but for the grace of God go I."

So I'm choosing to believe the story, because I can't imagine anyone being so crass as to make up something like this just to get money. I'm sure it's possible, but I don't want to live in that world. So I'm sharing it here for those of you who will understand.

Kayla is a student at Oberlin College, about 2,000 miles away from home, where her beloved cat, Puck, lives with her parents. She learned via an email that he was gravely injured in the kind of accident I think any cat owner can imagine happening to their own beloved pet.

Read the rest for yourself and respond as your heart moves you.

No comments: